How do I set up 2-factor authentication (2FA) on my account?
Setting up 2-factor authentication (2FA) on your CoinGate account is highly recommended and will greatly boost your account security. Here are the steps:
- Install Google Authenticator on your mobile device (check here how).
- Login to your CoinGate account and locate 'Security' under 'Account Settings; on the left side menu.
- Once you are there, toggle the 2FA switch to enable it.
- Open your Authenticator app, click '+' and then scan the displayed QR code or enter the text code.
- On your Authenticator app, you will now see a 6-digit code which changes once in a while. Enter the code from the app in the 'Verification Code' field on the screen.
- Click 'Enable' and voilà - 2FA has been enabled!
You will have to enter the 2FA code from Google Authenticator when logging in to your CoinGate account.
If you have lost your 2FA device and need to reset it to log in to your CoinGate account, please read here.