How to keep my account safe?
To keep your account safe, we strongly recommend you to:
- enable 2 factor authentification (2FA);
- use complex passwords: use capital letters, numbers and special characters;
- user long passwords: passwords should be at least 8 characters long;
- avoid using commons passwords, e.g. passwords containing you first or last name, date of birth or other common words like 'password', '123456' etc.;
- avoid sharing your password with other persons or store them in easily accessible places, like paper notes or any kind of unencrypted applications and devices;
- constantly update your password;
- avoid using same password for multiple accounts and services;
- avoid connecting to your account on public, unsecure networks and devices;
- avoid connecting to your account on devices not owned by you;
- avoid connecting to your account in public places where someone could see and remember the password you are typing;
- following all the best practices of managing online credentials and staying safe online;
- constantly review your account and report any suspicious activity;
- apply the same or stricter standards to email inbox that is associated with your Coingate account.
For business account holders, we also strongly recommend to be extremely cautious when granting access to other users:
- always make sure you know the person you are granting access to;
- always make sure you are legally allowed to grant access to other persons and that specific persons;
- constantly review the list of persons that have an access to the account and revoke them if necessary.